Goose Island Beer Academy @ Clybourn Tomorrow Wed 3/25

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
chirocky
chirocky's picture
Apprentice, member since
Goose Island Beer Academy @ Clybourn Tomorrow Wed 3/25

Goose Island has asked me to be a part of their Beer Academy series this Wednesday (tomorrow night). This month they are featuring Women in craft beer. They'll have other beers there that were either brewed by women, breweries owned by women or women at the helm of craft beer. I'll be bringing some of my beers brewed at CHAOS (French Kiss — Belgian Saison with lavender and lemon thyme 6% abv and Raving Banshee — Russian Imperial Stout 11% abv) for sampling.
Please come out, mingle with fellow craft enthusiast​ists, taste some beers, and support women in craft!

Jim Vondracek
Jim Vondracek's picture
Alchemist, member since
Sounds like fun, Nancy, sorry

Sounds like fun, Nancy, sorry I can't join you tonight.  

Have you met Nancy Bauer, the head brewer at Lagunitas' Chicago brewery?  I invited her to visit with the BOSS board last summer and she was very interesting.  Maybe we could arrange something similar? Maybe plan a field trip/hoppy hour to the tap room and have her join us?  She's got a Ph.D and is a food scientist, very technical.  Plus she's only in her early 30s.  

http://voices.suntimes.com/arts-entertainment/the-daily-sizzle/the-sitdo...

Have a blast tonight!

chirocky
chirocky's picture
Apprentice, member since
Hi Jim, I haven't met her yet

Hi Jim, I haven't met her yet and I think your suggestions are great ideas! Thank you I'll look into that more.

Cheers! Nancy

Boollish
Boollish's picture
Alchemist, member since
Technical excellence,

Technical excellence, obsession with consistency and efficiency?

Sounds like a plan.